Friday 21 December 2018

Reverse Advent Calendar Appeal 2018~ Trussell Trust

During Advent this year, the children at Harewood have been collecting food donations for a local food bank. The Trussell Trust is a charity founded on Christian principles. They work with people of all faiths and none but are inspired to do what they do by the words of Jesus in Matthew 25:35-36
"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me." 

The Trussell Trust's food bank network distributed 1,332,952 three-day emergency food supplies to people in crisis last year, 484,026 of these went to children. 


We were absolutely amazed by the quantity of donations we received from our families. 




The whole of our school library was full of donations. 




When the van arrived for the collection we wondered if it would be big enough to get everything in. 





There were plenty of willing helpers on hand to load the van. 


But we were right about the van not being big enough... 


...the driver had to make two trips! 

We may be a small school, but we have a big heart. Thank you so much for your support with this project, your generosity and kindness will have a huge impact on those in need in our local community.
Have a lovely Christmas and best wishes for 2019
Mrs Burnley

No comments:

Post a Comment