Thursday 25 March 2010

Introducing Mr Sturgess - New Class 4 Teacher from Sept 2010

Earlier this week I was delighted to receive the news I have been appointed as the new teacher for Class 4 from next September! It seems appropriate that I should tell you a little bit about myself.
My name is Matthew Sturgess and I have been working in the teaching profession for 5 years with the majority of my experience at Key Stage 2. I am ICT leader and Year 4 class teacher at Forest Preparatory School in North East London where I have taught for the last 4 years. This post has been a tremendous success professionally, although I have always had in mind that one day I would return to my home county of Yorkshire if the right job came along - which it did!

Harewood C of E primary school has an outstanding reputation and I feel very fortunate to have been given the chance to be part of its future. During the interview process I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to teach a lesson to Class 4 and have a tour of the school. The warm welcome I received from the staff and the polite, enthusiastic pupils simply reaffirmed that this is a school where I would love to work; there is a wonderful atmosphere of learning throughout the school and a genuine sense of community.
I am a highly motivated and dedicated teacher who takes pride in delivering excellent pastoral provision for all the pupils in my care. I firmly believe that by ensuring all pupils in my class feel secure and happy at school they will be motivated learners. My aim is to deliver engaging lessons that raise the standards of all pupils I teach whilst equipping them with the skills to recognise what they need to do to improve. I am keen to work with parents to achieve this aim and anticipate your support. I look forward to returning to Harewood before the end of the summer term to meet with Mrs Burnley to ensure a smooth transition for the pupils and to continue the excellent work she has done with Class 4.

I would like to thank Mr Madeley and the interviewing panel for giving me this wonderful opportunity. I look forward to seeing you all in September.

3 comments:

  1. Mr Sturgess is an excellent teacher. His lesson with Class 4 was a joy to watch and his passion for teaching came across throughout his interview. I know that he will be a great asset to Harewood School.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm looking foward to moving up into class 4

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to Mr Sturgess being my new teacher in September.

    ReplyDelete